Juan de Valladolid, 6
(Frente a la Iglesia Ntra. Sra. del Prado)
Tlfno: 983 378 971
Tutorial: Project M 3.6 (super smash bros brawl rom.. Brawl Mod) about the Dolphin Wii Emulator v4.0.2
Project M is an incredible mod for Super Smash Bros.. Brawl for the Wii which alters the gameplay to closely resemble its more
competitive, more skill-based, and faster predecessor, Super Smash Bros.. Melee. Even though Project M is made to be played on a
genuine Wii console, it is possible to run Project M on the Dolphin Wii emulator on your Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux computer!
DownloadsTo Start, you will need to download the following files (Notice that some of those programs are Windows-only):
* Dolphin Wii Emulator (Use v4.0.2)
* An NTSC ISO of Super Smash Bros.. Brawl (you'll have to make/find this all on your own.)
* SD Card Maker
* Project M (Homebrew ZIP) (Scroll down to the Mirrors — I am using version 3.6 last )
* WinImage (I am using version 9.0)
* Gecko OS (The download link is on the top of the page) (I am using version 220.127.116.11)
Installing and Configuring Project M 1. begin by unzipping Dolphin somewhere on your hard disk, i.e."C:GamesDolphin"
2. Move your Super Smash Bros.. Brawl NTSC ISO into a directory such
3. Run Dolphin.exe and prepare the emulator to your liking.
These next steps assume you've run and set your personal preferences within Dolphin, such as settings such as control mapping (I
use an Xbox 360 controller), video options, and sound choices.
1. Extract the contents of "Dolphin-SDCard-Maker. Zip" somewhere on your hard drive, i.e."C:GamesDolphinToolsDolphin SD Card
2. Run EasyDolphinSDCard Maker.exe. 1. Beneath"SD Card Size," pick a size of at least"1 GB." I selected 2GB here.
2. Click "Make virtual SDcard."
3. 1. 1. Click OK on the dialog box which appears after a Couple of seconds.
2. A file called"sd.raw" will look on your SD Card Maker directory.
2. Extract the contents of Project M (likely"homebrew.zip") somewhere in your hard disk,
3. InstallandrunWinImage. 1. Click"File," then"Open"
2. Click"Picture," then"Inject a Folder"
3. Navigate into the folder where you extracted homebrew.zip. The correct folder probably contains the
folders"programs,""codes," and"projectm," depending on the version of Job: M you have downloaded. Press OK.
4. 1. 1. Click on"File," then"Save."
2. Close WinImage
3. Copy"sd.raw" into"/Dolphin Emulator/Wii/".
4. For OS X users: The sd.raw file enter"/Users//Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Wii". The library
folder is hidden. If you can not find it, then you will need to go into terminal and type:"defaults write
com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE" without quotes. To hide the folders , just type FALSE in the end
2. Extract the contents of this Gecko ZIP (likely"gecko1931.zip") somewhere on your hard
3. Open Dolphin. Brawl" on your ISO listing and choose"Set as default ISO." (If you don't
have Super Smash Bros.. Brawl in your ISO listing, make certain that you have your ISO directory configured
properly within Dolphin.)
4. Click"Config" in the top of the Dolphin window.
5. Click the"Wii" tab on peak of the window.
6. Click the"Open" button in the top left of this Dolphin window.
7. Navigate to a Gecko1931 directory.
8. Double click the"Gecko1931" folder, then the"HBC" folder, and then the"Gecko1931"
9. Double click"boot.elf
10. 1. 1. Press"OK" on the dialog box that likely looks.
2. If you have done everything correctly so much, you'll be inside Gecko OS. Note you will not see the Task
M emblem inside Gecko, as recent versions of Project M have eliminated this background image. You may
simply have to do the following step once (Every other time you're going to be able to start the Gecko
.ELF and press Start Game). Note that you must configure GCPad controls within Dolphin to be able to
navigate inside Gecko:
1. Press Down in your D-Pad and press A when you've selected"Config Options."
2. Scroll down to"Gecko Hook Type" and press directly on your D-Pad until you see"VBI." You should not
need to touch some of the other options.
3. 1. 1. Scroll down to"Save Config" and press A. Press B to return to the primary Gecko OS display.
That is it! If you've done everything correctly, you must be playing Project M. Enjoy!
Note that if you find a screen that tells you which you do not have sufficient space left
from the Wii System memory, then you can do one of 2 things: 1. Continue playing without
saving, or 2. Download an NTSC Brawl save without habit phases from the Web (or simply
download one from me by clicking here — be certain to unpack it first), start Dolphin
–>"Tools" menu –>"Publish Wii Save" –> Browse to the downloaded save and start it.
A friendly Reddit user by the name of beefforyou has posted a fantastic hint on /r/SSBPM:
when you have entered the"Versus" menu and then changed the match choices to fit your
requirements, save the emulator's state by invoking the"Emulation" –>"Save State" –>"Slot
One" menu option within Dolphin, or by pressing Shift + F1. Afterwards, you can simply press
F1 after starting emulation, and your match will be ready to play. Thanks, Beef!
Please leave a comment below if this tutorial helped you out or if you require assistance.
I've confirmed these directions multiple times — if you are still having difficulty getting
Job: M working using Dolphin, please confirm you have correctly completed all of of the above